Basically a Mexico City is a fancy way of saying a Cosmo with tequila instead of vodka…well it would be a fancier way of saying that if anyone behind a bar would actually know what you meant by it. Do your best to make it a thing though, because you are not going to want to order a regular Cosmo after this. It’s still got that great tart cranberry flavor of a Cosmo with the awesome smoky hit from the tequila. It is supremely addictive, you have been warned.
- 3 ounces of silver tequila
- 3 ounces of cranberry juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce contreau
- Sugar for the rim of the glasses
- Rim martini glasses with sugar
- Combine the tequila, cranberry juice, lime juice, and simple syrup in shaker filled with ice.
- Shake to combine and strain into martini glasses