I have already mentioned that I have a mild obsession with snacks, anything salty and savory calls to me. Which is why these are prefect, they are packed full of flavor but they are essentially still a vegetable. And OK this might not be the same thing as just snacking on some carrot sticks but it is still a much better alternative if what you really want is some cheesy popcorn or some nice crunchy potato chips.
These are prefect for a snack during the day or a nice cocktail time bite.And as an added bonus they very quick and easy to pull together…you could go the fresh edamame route or you could go with the frozen stuff and have this in front of you in less than 10 minutes.
And if you are going for the cocktail time you should most definitely pair these with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. It’s a refreshing white wine with enough of an acidic bite to handle the notes of spice in the seasoning as well as notes of herbal greenness to match the edamame.
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen edamame
- Combine the brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper and kosher salt in a small bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- If you are using frozen edamame, defrost them, if you are using fresh boil them in salted water for about 5 minuets.
- Toss your edamame with your seasoning mixture in a large bowl to evenly coat the edamame. Sometimes, most times, it is easier to just get your hands in there, slightly messier sure but you will get an even coating in a lot less time.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and enjoy!